This book is for Information Technology professionals who wish to be more effective managers and great leaders.
From a record of success, Mr. Loftus discusses his ideas and opinions, sharing some key experiences from his 30-year career in Information Technology.     This direct, no nonsense writing will help you refine your objectives and understand the role IT must play in achieving success.
Manage and lead more effectively using practices presented here. Read about the first steps to take in a new position and how to establish a reputation for integrity and respect with your executive leadership, your staff, and with peers (in IT and in the business community). Read about steps you can take to energize your days, enjoy your work, and love your job.
Areas covered include:
* Your Role in the Organization
* Nurturing Ideas, Creativity & Innovation
* Hiring Techniques
* Stress and Your Job
* Mentoring & Giving Back: Daily Practice
* Basic IT Infrastructure Design Steps
* Managing Teleworkers
* What to do First: a 90 Day Plan
* Getting Wealthy in the Process
* And more