- This Life Now
- Poetry. LGBT Studies. "Michael Broder's moving and lucid poems have heart, music, audacity—and they give a quiet, lasting pleasure, like an ancient Greek torso reshaped for the space age. THIS LIFE NOW is full of salt, sex, TV, and other riveting varieties of poised explosiveness, to which his lucky reader blissfully surrenders.
- Statius Silvae 5: Bk. 5 (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- This new edition deals with Book 5 of Statius' Silvae, which has often been neglected in thematic treatments of the poet's work. The book is notable for its concern with Statius himself - one poem is a lament for his father, who was himself a poet and a teacher.
- Allusion: A Literary Graft (Emf Reprints)
- Originally published in 1994 by the University of Toronto Press, this pioneering study looks empirically at the way allusion works in specific fictions and affects the reading process. Clear, concise definitions and distinctions are illustrated by brilliant close readings of Flaubert, Stendhal, Balzac, Zola, Proust, and Robbe-Grillet.
- Allusion:The Tour Guide Knows Everything (Chinese Edition)
- Chinese allusion like a bright pearl culture.If you read Allusion:The Tour Guide Knows Everything that is compiled by Wu Kang and Yun Nai ,it would enlarge your knowledge and broaden your version as well as reveal some undiscovery for you.
- Fairy Tales and Society: Illusion, Allusion, and Paradigm
- This collection of exemplary essays by internationally recognized scholars examines the fairy tale from historical, folkloristic, literary, and psychoanalytical points of view. For generations of children and adults, fairy tales have encapsulated social values, often through the use of fixed characters and situations, to a far greater extent than any other oral or literary form.
Prev 1 Next